Allison L. Ouvry
Main: 44 (0) 20 7299 2490
Fax: 44 (0) 20 7299 2499
Ms. Ouvry recently joined Hodkinson Law Group after running her own law firm, DeFrees Law, PLLC, which operated for the last decade in close association with the Austin-based immigration firm, Azarmehr & Associates, P.C. While she has been working in the field of U.S. immigration law since 2000, she also has experience in the fields of medical malpractice and real estate and contracts law. Her pro bono work includes assistance with the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund and continuing related issues, legal assistance to individuals with HIV/AIDS, and immigration assistance to refugees.
She moved to London in 2009, concentrating her practice on consular processing issues and business related visa issues including artist visas, exceptional ability, professional worker, intra-company transferee, and investor visas. Ms. Ouvry advises a broad range of individuals and companies including small and medium-sized and multinational corporations, individual investors, scientists, businesspersons and artists with exceptional ability, and family-based visa applicants.
Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2005 – Present
- 2011-2012 New Members Committee, AILA Rome District Chapter
- American Women Lawyers in London 2010 – Present
- European Professional Women’s Network 2010 – Present
"Healthcare Immigration," Business Immigration Law: Strategies For Employing Foreign Nationals, edited by Rodney A. Malpert and Amanda Petersen. September 2010.
- Texas, 1996
- New York, 2003
- First Appellate District, New York
- Supreme Court of Texas
- J.D. The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, Austin, TX, USA, 1996
- B.A. in English Literature, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA USA, 1993
- Junior Year Abroad, L’Universite de Grendoble, Grenoble, France 1991